This disclosure describes your ability to withdraw funds at the LCO Federal Credit Union.
1. Electronic Funds Agreement and Disclosure (Regulation E) - Our Policy is to make This Electronic Funds Transfer Agreement is the contract which covers your and our rights and responsibilities concerning the electronic funds transfer (“EFT”) services offered to you by the LCO Federal Credit Union (“Credit Union”). In this agreement, the words “you” and “yours” mean those who sign the application or Account card as Applicant, joint owners, or any authorized users. The words “we” and “our” mean the Credit Union. The word “Account” means any one or more savings, checking, money market Account or lines of credit loan Account you have with the Credit Union. Electronic fund transfers are electronically initiated transfers of money from your Account through the electronic funds transfer services described below. Indicated below are types of Electronic Fund Transfers we are capable of handling, some of which may not apply to your Account. Please read this disclosure carefully because it tells you your rights and obligations for the transactions listed. You should keep this notice for future reference. By signing an application or Account card for EFT services, signing your Card, or using any service, each of you, jointly and severally, agree to the terms and conditions in this Agreement and any amendments for the EFT services offered.
2. Preauthorized EFTs – Direct Deposit. Upon Instruction of (I) your employer or (II) the Treasury Department or (III) other financial institutions, the Credit Union will accept direct deposits of your paycheck or of federal recurring payment, such as Social Security, to your savings or checking Account(s).
3. Preauthorized Debits - Upon Instruction, we will pay certain recurring transactions from your savings and checking Account(s). See “Transfer limitations” that may apply to thses transactions. Electronic Check Conversion/Electronic Returned Check Fees – If you pay for something with a check or draft you may authorize your check or draft to be converted to an electronic fund transfer. You may also authorize merchants to electronically debit your Account for returned check fees. You may authorize a merchant or other payee to make a one-time electronic payment from your checking account using information from your check to (I) pay for purchases, (II) pay bills. You are considered to have authorized these electronic fund transfers if you complete the transaction after being told (orally or by a notice posted or sent to you) that the transfer may be processed electronically or if you sign a written authorization.
4. Business Days - Our business days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
5. Joint Account - If any of your Accounts accessed under this Agreement are joint Accounts, all joint owners, including any authorized users, shall be bound by thus Agreement, and, alone and together, shall be responsible for all EFT transactions to or from any share and share draft or loan Accounts as provided in this Agreement. Each joint Account owner, without the consent of any other Account owner, may, and hereby is authorized by every other joint Account owner to, make any transaction permitted under this Agreement. Each joint Account owner is authorized to act for the other Account owners, and the Credit Union may accept orders and instructions regarding any EFT transactions on any Account from any joint Account owner.
6. Member Liability –You are responsible for all EFT transactions you authorize. If you permit someone else to use an EFT service, your Card, or your access code, you are responsible for any transactions they authorize or conduct on any of your Accounts
7. Right to Receive Documentation. Periodic Statements –Transfers and withdrawals made through any ATM or POS terminal, Debit Card transactions, audio response transactions, preauthorized EFTs, electronic/PC transactions or bill payments you make will be recorded on your periodic statement. You will receive a statement monthly unless there is no transaction in a particular month. In any case, you will receive a statement at least annually.
8. Disclosure to Third Parties – We will disclose information to third partis about your Account or the transfers you make where it is necessary for completing transfers and confirming transactions or, in order to verify the existence and condition of your Account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant or in order to comply with government agency or court orders or subpoenas; or, if you give us your written permission.
9. Credit Union Liability for Failure to Make Transfers – If we do not complete a transfer to or from your Account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we may be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable for instance: • If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in the form of collected funds in your Account to make the transfer. • If the transfer would go over the credit limit of yur line of credit loan Account. • If the ATM terminal, telephone, telephone or computer equipment you use to conduct ATM, audio, or Internet banking transactions is not working properly and you knew or should have known about the breakdown when you started the transfer. • If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire, flood, or power failure) prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken. • If the Credit Union fails to receive necessary transfer data or the data it receives is erroneous or incomplete. • If your funds are subject to legal process or other encumbrance restricting such transfer. • If funds in your Account are pledged as collateral or frozen because of a delinquent loan. If you have bill payment services, we can only confirm the amount, the participating merchant, and date of the bill payment transfer made by the Credit Union. For any other error or question you have involving the billing statement of the participating merchant, you must contact the merchant directly. We are not responsible for investigating such errors. • There may be other exceptions stated in our agreement with you or as provided by applicable law.
10. Notices – All Notices from us will be effective when we have mailed them or delivered them to your last known address in the Credit Union’s records. Notices from you will be effective when received by the Credit Union at the address specified in this Agreement. We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions upon which this service is offered. We will mail notice to you at least twenty-one (21) days before the effective date of any change. Use of this service is subject to existing regulations governing the Credit Union Account and any future changes to those regulations.
11. In Case of Errors or Questions about Your Electronic Transfers – Call us at (715) 634-7772 or write us at LCO Federal Credit Union. LCO Box 1710 Hayward, WI 54843. In case of errors or questions about electronic funds transfers from your share and share draft Accounts, telephone us at the above number or send us a written notice to the above address as soon as you can. We must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem appears. • Tell us your name and Account number. • Describe the electronic transfer you are unsure about and explain as clearly as you can why you believe the Credit Union made an error or why your need more information. • Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error. If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within ten (10) business days. We will tell you the results of our investigation within ten (10) business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to forty-five (45) ** days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your Account within ten (10) * business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes for us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten (10) business days, we may not credit your Account. We will tell you the results within three (3) business days of completing our investigation If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation. * If you give notice of an error within thirty (30) days after you make the first deposit into your Account, notice of an error involving a point-of-sale transaction, or notice of an error involving a transaction initiated outside the U.S. Its possessions and territories, we will have ninety (90) days instead of forty-five (45) days to investigate.
12. Termination of EFT Services – You may terminate this Agreement or any EFT service under this Agreement at any time by notifying us in writing and stopping your use of your Card and any access code. You must return all Cards to the Credit Union; you also agree to any participating merchants that authority to make bill payments transfers has been revoked. We may also terminate this Agreement at any time by notifying you orally or in writing. If we terminate this Agreement, we may notify any participating merchants making preauthorized debits or credits to any of your Accounts that this Agreement has been terminated and that we will not accept any further preauthorized transaction instructions. We may also program our computer not to accept your Card or access code for any EFT service. Whether you or the Credit Union terminates this Agreement, the termination shall not affect your obligations under this Agreement for any EFTs made prior to termination.
13 Governing Law – This agreement is governed by the Bylaws of the Credit Union, federal laws and regulations, the laws and regulations of the state of Missouri and local clearinghouse rules, as amended from time to time. Any disputes regarding this Agreement shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the LCO Tribal Court.
14 Enforcement – You are liable to use for any loss, cost, or expenses we incur resulting from your failure to follow this Agreement. You authorize use to deduct such loss, costs, or expenses from your Account without prior notice to you. If we bring a legal action to collect any amount due under or to enforce this Agreement, we shall be entitled, subject to applicable law, to payment or reasonable attorney’s fees and costs, including fees on any appeal, bankruptcy proceedings, and any post-judgement collection actions.